Today we learned about the letter "H" and the number "8". I forgot to get a few pictures of circle time, but I loved this shot. Everyone put their cute backpacks and shoes by the door.

While in our circle, we read a few of Eva's favorite books, and Eva showed everyone her hippo since H is for hippo. She also picked up everyone's mats when we were done.


After circle time, we headed of to "hunt" for letters. I put up letters that the kids have learned and they had a great time collecting them off the walls.



Maddie was great at spotting the "H's":






Coy found a "C" for Coy :)





Abbey found an "A" for Abbey!






We piled our letters on the table then went through and picked out the H's to learn about them. We talked about the sound H makes and words that start with letter H--house, happy, horse, heart, and Halloween. Then we practiced writing letter H and colored a worksheet about it. I missed them in action, but here are some shots of their work.



As soon as they finished they were off to play. Penny got to come out of her crate for play time. First the boys all ran while Penny chased them. Penny was quite the celebrity today, and she sure loved all of the attention.

Maddie enjoyed our little house while the boys ran around.





Abbey took a quick break from Penny to play the guitar, then it was right back to Penny.


While the kids played we started on our craft, "Halloween hats". I had the hats put together and helped them decorate them up with felt, pipe cleaners, and stickers. I guess Abbey and Royce weren't feeling very crafty, so I ended up dressing up their hats for them. Here they are hard at work.
Maddie and Eva craftin it up. Just like their momma's do right? :)


Here's a shot of our project:

Then the boys came over to get in on the fun.




And here are a few of their finished products.
Maddie's:

Gavin's:

and Eva's:

Next was snack time. In keeping with our H theme, for our main course we had hot dogs. The little oranges were also a hit. I'm pretty sure I zapped hot dogs and peeled oranges for about 20 minutes straight.




Every time I turned around, Coy's plate was empty again. Now you see it. Now you don't.


Royce and Eva on the other hand, had full plates the whole time.


Abbey wasn't too hungry either, can you tell? She's in the background playing with toys.

During our snack we talked about the number eight. I explained that spiders have eight legs, and each kid got a spider ring to take home. We counted the spiders legs together a few times. They also took home a bag of "Halloween" fruit snacks.

Finally it came time to go, and everyone headed out. Here was a cute shot of these three waiting at the door.

All in all, the day went great. I can't believe how fast two hours flew by, and I think I understand a little better why Eva comes home from school so exhausted. I'm not sure who was more tired, me or her :). We had a good time though, can't wait for Thursday!
What a great day at school. Well done Jenna. It makes me miss the good old preschool days. I did love my job. Isn't it fun to see children soak up all that knowledge and have fun together! And you pictures were awesome! Especially loved the one of Eva working on the table.
ReplyDelete