Wednesday, March 28, 2012

G sound

Today we talked about the letter G sounds. I made them each a G wheel with pictures that make the hard G sound. Hopefully it will help in teaching them the sound. We briefly talked about the soft G sound, but it was a bit confusing for an already confusing task. We made giraffes for our craft. I also had all those folders and sheet protectors stowed away; I figured it was time to use them. I made one for Maddie. You can print out alphabet worksheets, mazes, dot to dot, etc. and just use a dry erase marker. I even tore out some pages from an activity book I bought for her. Way cheaper than continuing to buy the books.

We watched these videos as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNKyG4C2VlA gorilla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKX3Y8UdHvk&feature=fvst goats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27mxaePkYB4 giraffe

I think the favorite was the goat video. I highly recommend watching it, but let me just caution you; CUTENESS OVERLOAD!

It was a pretty laid back day, since William decided to wake from his nap early, and it was hard for me to do some of the songs and such with them. But I just want to add the quote of the day from Abbey. We were petting Raheem and I said, "Raheem is a good boy." and Abbey added, "Paige is a good girl." I thought it was so funny. Here are some pics from the day.










No comments:

Post a Comment