Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 2 of D and Green

Today didn't go as smoothly as Monday, but there was no crying at all, so I think we had a good day. We started out with reading time; I just laid a bunch of books on the ground and let them choose. Royce chose Cars, of course. Maddie chose Cat in the Hat. Abbey chose a Dora Halloween special, and Seth was happy with animal books. I read to them, and they especially enjoyed the animal books and making noises.

We tried to do flashcards next, but that lasted maybe a minute. I decided to go straight into a craft since they were kinda wiggly. I taped some popcsicle sticks together, drew a dog then had the kids color them. We then took the tape off so they had a little puzzle to play with. The puzzle part was over their heads, but they enjoyed handling the sticks.

From there we had popcsicles and I read Green Eggs and Ham to them again. They paid a lot more attention today. I think the treats were the main reason. We read a couple more books. Then we did another craft. I did this one individually with them. I had everything cut out, and they just helped me glue it all together. I don't have a pic, but it was D for Door.

Then we had snack time. Bananas and cheese and drinks. I tried to do flash cards while they ate, but no one really cared what I had to say. At 11:00 I just let them have play time and at 11:15 we turned on Veggie Tales. Today was more of a playtime and craft time and snack time; learning wasn't on their agendas. We still had fun though!

Coloring our dog puzzles.
Maddie focusing on de-papering the purple crayon.
Funny Royce.
Seth is contemplating his artwork.
Dog puzzles.
"Now how does this work?"
Abbey's main distraction: the fridge magnets.
Seth's favorite word today, "more."
Snack time=happy time.
Seth played harmonica while Maddie serenaded the crew.

1 comment:

  1. Royce's face cracks me up haha! Looks like you had another successful day with the kids. You do a great job Jessie. Thanks for the fun crafts and great entertainment ;)

    ReplyDelete