Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Letter T, color Yellow

DAY 1
Eating some Toy Story fruit snacks while watching Toy Story.

Yellow puppet Teddy bears


We learned T is for Tent.

Abbey, Maddie, Seth and Gavin all crowded into the Tent.

I like how Gavin has his foot propped up by the ball haha. And Maddie carried that flash light most of the time she was here.
Maddie was done with her Toy Story fruit snacks. She loved them so much she wanted to eat the packaging too :)

Royce and Gavin playing with the Toys, in the back yard

Abbey had an important Telephone call to make, she was on the Telephone for like 10 minutes just sitting there with Lena.



Royce was being a T-rex.

Seth trying so hard to gather all the Toy cars in his hands.
DAY 2


Gavin set up the train track and trains in Royce's room right when he got here. He discovered all of Royce's Toys and didn't want to leave Royce's room.

I made Thumbprint cookies for the kids. Gavin was the only one that was willing to try them.



Here's the kiddos putting their Trains on the Toothpick Train Track.











Day one I taped the words of everything that started with the letter T around my house. And I had the kids go walking around looking for the T things in the house. I took them outside also to see the Trees and Tire and hot Tub. Then we made the yellow Teddy bear puppets. After that we watched Toy Story 3 and ate Toy Story fruit snacks and some pretzels. They played Tag around the house and ran around like crazy. I tried to get them to do some ball Tossing and Twirling, but they didn't get it haha. We listened to and sang the song Twinkle Twinkle little star. They loved that and they danced and sang for me. That was fun and entertaining :) I got the little Tent out and they loved playing in there. I had all 4 of the squished in there at one time. Gavin really liked the Tent, he wanted to play in there with all the Toys he found in Royce's room.
Day two I tried to theme the whole day on Trains. When the kids first got here I just let them play with the Toys. I was making the Thumbprint cookies and needed about 15 more minutes. I did put out some Teddy graham cookies for the kids to eat while they were waiting on me. After the cookies were done I put on Thomas the Train. And took the kids in one at a time and did the gluing of the Toothpick Train Tracks. Once each kids had glued their Train Tracks down and they had dried I brought them in one at a time again, And we glued on the Trains and I had the kids color them. For the color yellow we added the sun or the moon to the project. We read a few books and talked about the letter T and the color Yellow. WE had a great 2 days of school. It was a lot of fun. We have great little kids they are lots of fun and for the most part well behaved :)

2 comments:

  1. That's funny. Abbey was humming the Thomas the Train theme song today. We never watch it so I wondered where she got it. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddie kept saying "T for tent" that day. Now I know why. And yes, she loves flashlights. Thanks for fun activities! We love her train picture she made.

    ReplyDelete