Monday, January 31, 2011

S and Red

We started the day playing in Maddie's bedroom until all the kids arrived. Abbey loved the Mrs. Potts tea set while Gavin enjoyed the Cars garage. We headed straight into snack time when all the kids got there. I do most of my "teaching" at the table because all kids are actually paying attention to me. We went through some flash cards for colors and then letters. We went over the letter S quite a bit, so I hope they remember.

We then did some coloring. I found a cartoon character for each of them that started with the letter S.
Abbey- Swiper
Gavin- Spencer the train
Maddie- Spongebob
Seth- Spiderman
Royce- Superman

Then I took them two at a time to do their craft, while Casey entertained the rest. I made some potato stamps of snakes and snail shells. They all seemed to enjoy it, but it went too fast. The page got filled up quickly.

We then went outdoors to do a music game. I would tap the tamborine while they jumped and danced, then when I stopped they had to freeze. Most of them just looked at me like I was crazy. Gavin and Royce had some fun, and Seth finally joined in. That lasted about.... 3 minutes.

Then Casey brought out the fireworks. Just this little snake things that grow when you light them. Gavin and Royce were a little freaked out while Seth and Abbey loved it.

Then came the silly string. Turns out kids don't really like to be sprayed with silly string, except Royce. So we just sprayed Casey and they thought that was funny.

Then to end it all we played with toys and watched Little Einsteins...well, Maddie watched Little Einsteins while the kids played with toys.

Get it off me!


Abbey loves the snake "growing, it's growing, it's growing!"


She picks out her clothes I promise.


Here are those scary snakes.




Poor Gavin was tempted all day long with my father in law's electric train. We kept having to tell the kids, just look, don't touch.









Snack time is happy time.

2 comments:

  1. This looked like such a fun day. Especially spraying Casey with silly string - what isn't funny about that? I love that you plan fun activites/games and they look at you like 'what is she talking about?' - the firework snakes are my fav-, no wonder Abbey loved them. They grow all crazy then you can really make a mess with the ashes. You guys are too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I love Maddie's outfit - she is quite the fashionista!

    ReplyDelete