Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Letter D









Today I walked in late to Joy School to hear Mr. Casey singing Old MacDonald to the kids. I was expecting him to end the song and hand over the reigns, but he sang three more verses then read a book to the kids. I'm pretty sure they prefer my other half.

I then got to do the flashcards with the kids. We covered A-D, 1-4, and all the shapes so far. Before I would even show the card to Royce he'd say, "I don't know" in his cute little voice. Eva participated the best in the flash cards. We colored and"traced" a letter D worksheet then called it quits for circle time.

Next we had a letter D safari! I very poorly made each kid some binoculars and taped pictures of animals around the house. Gavin was the most enthusiastic about finding the animals and helped everyone find an animal (or bug, or mythical creature).

We worked on our duck craft while the kids played. Gavin, Royce and Seth are always about the car garage. This time they had Maddie's clubhouse to play inside. Eva loved all the stickers on the clubhouse and had fun peeling them off.

We then had donuts and milk for a snack. Seth kept asking for a snack, during snacktime. I tried to explain that the donut was the snack, but I don't think he was impressed.

We then played a bit more, and I decided to try out the dog again. Last year was a bit of a disaster, so this time I kept him on his leash in the kitchen, and if they kids wanted to come see him, they could come in. Once he settled down I took off his leash and he headed straight to the water dish. I think this was the highlight of Seth's day, watching him drink his water. Raheem was tolerant of their hugs and pets and tail grabbing, and they enjoyed playing with him the rest of the time. Coy was the most delighted with the dog and kept calling for him, then would run quickly away laughing and screaming. I think Royce was haunted by last year's dog scare, and kept saying, "Puppy's happy now!" We missed Abbey today, and I'm sure Raheem did too, as she always loved chasing him around.

1 comment:

  1. haha yep royce' new favorite phrase, "i don't know." looks like a fun day.

    ReplyDelete