Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Letter P

Joy School was lots of fun yesterday, here's a recap of what we did. First was circle time. We missed Maddie, who was spending time with her fun aunt, and Royce decided to sleep in, so he came a little later, but we started with our circle time like usual. Gavin was feeling a bit sad in the beginning, he was sad to see his momma leave, but we cheered him right up.













We are learning letter "P" this week, so we read this book, Penelope's Perfect Purple, and I showed everyone what the letter P looks like.



Next we headed to the kitchen where I'd gathered things from around the house that all start with the letter P. Here was our list of objects:

Panda
Puppy
Pumpkin
Plate
Pen
Penny
Purse
Prayer
Plant
Paper clip
Piano
Pretzels
Pomegranate
Pictures
Pants
Peanut butter





I asked each kid to choose something from the table and tell us what it was. We went through all of our P words and talked about the sound P makes.

Abbey chose the piano.


Eva picked the pictures.


Coy liked the panda.


Seth had the puppy.


And Gavin picked the plant.


Then they each colored a letter P worksheet, and everyone wanted to show off their papers.









After that, we headed outside to "play" for a few minutes. While the kids played fetch with Penny, I took each one's "picture" for the craft project we are working on. I put a little more work into editing these few so they would look nice for our project. (I'll have to try and get Maddie and Royce tomorrow.)











It was pretty chilly so we headed back in the house pretty quick to "play" some more and start on our craft. Penny stole the show as usual.





And Royce finally joined us, black eye and all.



Seth and Gavin enjoyed the blocks, while Coy manned the stroller. Eva read a book, and then it was back to Penny.















Here's Eva working on our craft. We used "puzzle pieces" to make a "present" for our "parents." Everyone got excited at the idea of presents. We'll be finishing up these babies tomorrow.







Finally it was time for snacks. We enjoyed lots of good P foods like "pizza," "pretzels," and "popcorn," and a few other things like oranges and crackers. Everyone gobbled down their pizza, even Royce decided to eat this time.









I love the look on Coy's face.









Penny took a rest while we stuffed our faces.



While the kids eat, I like to review the things we've learned. We talked about all the P words we came up with again, and we all practiced making P sounds. Then I told them about the things I had ready for them to take home with them. The first was these "penguin" ring pop candies.



And the second, these little bags of reindeer "poop" I put together. Poop quickly became the favorite P word of the day, and they all got a kick out of the reindeer poop once they found out it was really candy. Eva asked for more "reindeer poops" all day yesterday :)



Looking forward to tomorrow where we'll finish up the letter P!

No comments:

Post a Comment