Tuesday, February 7, 2012

X for Xray

(sorry no pics during class today, just some after of the crafts and such) Today we started out with our usual Hello song, which is rarely participated in, but I do it anyways just because someday they will all belt it along with me. We then played a letter matching game, and they actually were enjoying participating in this one. They just had to match the "baby" letters to their "mommy" letters. Then the other game was shape matching. I just made these from leftover poster board I had.

Then we talked about the letter X. We read "I Want to be a Doctor" where Big Bird's grandma has to get an x-ray. I based the rest of school on the x-ray/bone theme. We talked about bones in our bodies. Then I had them watch this video
Dem Dancing Bones We watched it twice. Emma and I were the most enthusiastic dancers; Maddie and Eva humored us a little.

Then I read the book The Skeleton in the Closet. Coy really enjoyed this one.

Finally we made our x-ray craft. Cute kids.


I put on this video while I fixed their non-X-themed snacks.
The Magic School Bus






No comments:

Post a Comment