Monday, November 8, 2010

Shirtless Kid Day



Today I was more unprepared than any other day, but things turned out pretty great with our cute kids. I saw some balloons in all of my packings, so decided to start things off with balloon time. Great idea Miss Jessie. The kids went ape for the things. I first blew up a bunch and let them have their fun. Then I would shoot each kid in the face with a balloon, which was pure comedy for these kids. But the best balloon trick by far, was blowing up the balloons, counting to 5, then letting it go. The kids squealed and screamed and giggled wildly as they watched the balloon fly around the room. After about 10 times, I had to call it quits; I didn't want to pass out and leave these ones unattended for 1 1/2 hours.

We then did our "I for Iguana" craft, much loved by Maddie of course, who insisted she do Abbey's and Seth's because they didn't want to. I was able to talk her out of it. Royce was happy to finish his and Gavin loved piecing the paper with the glue.

Next we took a venture outdoors to look for BROWN items. They each had a bowl and we found rocks, leaves and sticks. I would help them find items, put them in their bowls, then 5 seconds later they just dumped it out. Every single one of them adopted this strategy. I finally just grabbed some of my own and we headed to the patio for some more crafting. I made them all take their shirts off and put on aprons. Sorry Christie and Heidi; your boys were prettied up in my girlish aprons. I seriously can't help chuckling every time I look at these pictures.


Royce looking manly in his Santa apron.




Gavin looking even manlier in his halter.




On second thought, this apron should have been given to one of the boys.




Sorry Nikki, I think Seth got paint on his pants again. Just remember when he comes to my house, I tend to dirty him up.




We ended class with Ice cream and some coloring, then headed outdoors to play while we waited for moms. Seriously, we have the cutest kids.

2 comments:

  1. Your so nice to think of their clothing. I usually dress Abbey in whatever she's not fighting over and if she gets it stain, nasty, painted, destroyed - whatever... but I feel the same when I paint with my preschoolers or destroy their clothes. I think your always more conscientious about other peoples kids then your own. I bet they loved shirtless day. They look so cute. Abbey talked about the ice cream later when Jason got home, (not sure if she was remembering the day or just trying to get more ice cream out of us). Good Job Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the pic of Royce in his frills and pouf.

    ReplyDelete